Weekly Announcements: September 17, 2017
Community Life Team Wednesday, Sept. 20 11 am
Lay Visitation Team Wednesday, Sept.20 10 am
Property Team Tuesday, October 3, 7 pm
Congregational Life Team Sunday, November 5, 11:30
Church Council Tuesday, November 10 6:30
This Sunday we ask you to pray for the ministry of the United Church Council at Middlesex Presbytery.
Please keep the following people in your thoughts and prayers:
Doris Robotham and Rob Wark.
May those unnamed yet in our hearts experience the presence of God’s grace.
Note: Pastoral Care is important. Please contact the church office if you are going into hospital or if you or a family member are needing Pastoral Care. Your name will not be in the bulletin unless we have permission from you to do so. We wish to offer Pastoral Care support and at the same time respect your confidentiality.
COMMUNITY LIFE TEAM:
– Our church was recognised by the AA Friendly Club for offering the use of our Primary room for their weekly meetings for the past 60 years. This milestone was celebrated on Sunday, September 10th and was attended by our co-chair of Property, Ian Carter, Rev. Abiel and Caroline and Anne Pelkman. We are happy to continue to offer this service and outreach to our community.
– Salvation Army Food Bank – baby food, pasta, rice, canned fish, canned meats, crackers, tomato sauce, peanut butter , jam and hamburger helper are needed.Thank you!
– Parlour Group: On Monday September 25th please meet at the hcurch at 10:30 am to travel to Leisure Heights Trailer Park in Port Glasgow on Lake Erie. We will have our meeting and a pot luck lunch. Please bring your favourite pot luck dish. Beverages, plates and cutlery will be provided.
– Frosty Frolic Bazaar & Canning Jars: Please leave any small suitable canning jars in the old kitchen for preserves for our Frosty Frolic Bazaar.
– If you are interested in Coordinating or Co- coordinating the Frosty Frolic Bazaar this year please notify Tina Zimmermann.
-ELUCO -East London United Church Outreach is having a Walk a thon in Springbank Park by Story Book Gardens on Sunday, September 24th at 2 pm. Don and Carol Langford are waking and would appreciate company or pledges. Please talk to Don or call him at 519-247-3669.
– Facebook Administrators: Looking for 3 persons willing to be administrators for our Strathroy United Church Facebook page and groups. You would be in charge of removing comments or posts that would not be suitable to our site or beliefs. You are also able to invite and approve members. Please contact Tina Zimmermann for more info.
PASTORAL HOME VISITS RENEWED
Rev. Abiel and Caroline will once again be visiting homes of our members and adherents. Starting September 18th those people who didn’t get a visit will be called by Marjorie Harris and Bonnie Joynt to set up appointments for Saturday, Sunday or Monday visits.
CONGREGATIONAL LIFE TEAM:
Senior Choir Practice
has begun and we meet on Thursdays at 7:15 in the Parlour.
If you like to sing please come and join us for music and fellowship!
Child and Youth Ministry Leadership
Strathroy United Church is looking for a Child and Youth Leader to join us in providing leadership and faith to our youth from ages 0-18 years. At this time it would be apporximately 8-10 hours per month. Our Sunday School at this time is small and we are looking to grow. We are forming a Youth Group in September and this is new to our church. We need faith, energy and enthusiasm.
Is that you?
Please contact us with your resume at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Sunday School will resume
on Sunday September 24th
Weekly Small Prayer Group
Rev. Abiel would like to hear from you if you feel cal
led to the ministry of prayer. He is planning to have a weekly prayer group beginning in September. Please contact Dianne at the office if you wish to participate.
Wednesday Morning Walk In Bible Study
– no Strings attached!
Studying the Parables of Jesus with Rev. Abiel will be held on the first Wednesday of the month from 10-11 am. starting Wednesday, October 4th . Please come and join us anytime!
Ø Minutes for Teams and Council
Ø United Church news letters
Ø Governance Chart
Ø HARVEST DINNER(no poster)
A Buffet of delicious vegetarian dishes Sunday, Sept. 24,
2017, 5:30 pm $14 Adult $7 Youth 6-12Free for children
under 6 Calvary UC proceeds to support Canadian
Ø CELEBRATING OUR TRANSGENDER FRIENDS
with guest speakers: Rev. Marilyn Townsend-Smith and
Paula Smith at First St. Andrews UC -September 24th
Ø TRIVIA NIGHT: St. Andrews Westminster on
Saturday, October 21st at the Belmont Community Centre.
Ø PRAYER SHAWL RETREAT: Sacred Heart Parish
Hall Ingersoll. Oct. 14th
Ø CAMP KEE-MO-KEE IS HOSTING: OUT AND LOUD
An LGTBQ+ day at camp for high school students
featuring spoken word poet Holly Painter on Sat. Sept 23, 2017.
For full information please check the bulletin board at the Maria St. entrance. also note that These Days and the Observer are also available.
ROAST BEEF DINNER
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2017
4:30 TO 7:00 PM
CHILDREN 5-12 $5.00
UNDER 5 FREE
AVAILABLE FROM: Shirley Aerts 519-245-1141
John Rowe 519-245-2698
Ken Jolliffe 519-205-0415
A few tickets will be available through the church office, as well, but we encourage you to call our ticket agents first.
Help Needed: Our annual beef dinner is coming quickly, and help is needed in several areas.
This is a congregational event and a lot of effort goes into it, as a major fundraiser.
If you can give us your time and energy, or a donation in some way, it would be greatly appreciated.
Sign-up sheets are in the Golden Jubiliee Room, so all you need to do is sign up!
Tickets are being sold by members of our congregation
– buy one, buy many!
If you have any questions, please call Joan Carter
(co-ordinator of the dinner). 519-247-3901.